GALAPAGOS AND AMAZON
Visit Galapagos Island and Amazon forest
Experience the best that Ecuador has to offer on this incredible 11-Day Tour to the Galapagos Islands and the Amazon! On this accessible adventure, you will encounter the diverse flora and fauna of these two picturesque landscapes and make memories that will last a lifetime!
VIEW THE PHOTOS
DAY BY DAY
Arrive in Quito.
Welcome to Ecuador! You and your group will be picked up from the airport and transferred to a hotel. Once settled in, you will enjoy dinner in Quito and have a briefng about the tour to prepare for the adventure ahead.
Quito – Amazon.
On our drive to the jungle, we will visit a hummingbird hotspot to watch these beautiful, vibrant birds in their natural habitat. We will arrive at the 100% accessible Huasquila Amazon Lodge for lunch and a welcome cocktail. Later, we will visit an indigenous community.
Prepare to go off-roading! With the use an off-road wheelchair, we will go hiking through the secondary rainforest and learn about medicinal plants from a native guide. The path into the rainforest is less than a ¼ mile and usually takes approximately 30 minutes, as it includes stops along the way. After lunch, we will visit the towns closest to Huasquila: Archidona and Tena.
Amazon Today, we will take a scenic drive to the Amazon River for our day of rafting. The calm river will give us the chance to admire the surrounding flora and fauna – it is truly one of the best ways to experience the magnificence of Amazonia.
Amazon – Quito.
This morning, we will drive back to Quito to prepare for our trip to the Galapagos.
Quito – San Cristobal (Galapagos).
Our day begins at the Quito airport with a short ight to the island of San Cristobal. That afternoon, we will visit “La Loberia” and have close encounters with sea lions, marine tortoises, marine iguanas, and a myriad of birds. We will spend the afternoon at this beautiful beach, as our first introduction to the fauna in the Galapagos..
Today is all about Galapagos wildlife! Begin by kayaking around San Cristobal to observe iguanas, Blue-Footed Boobies, and of course, playful sea lions. In the Highlands, you’ll experience the different levels of vegetation on the island and visit a Giant Tortoise Breeding Center.
Our next stop is snorkeling at “Leon Dormido” or Kicker Rock. Below the surface, you can search for sea turtles, spotted eagle rays, chocolatechip starfish, and (with any luck) a Galapagos Shark or two. In the afternoon, we will visit an interpretation center to learn about the rich history of the Galapagos Islands and explore Cerro Tijeretas, or Frigate Bird Hill, a wonderful location to look out onto white-sand beaches and bird watch.
San Cristobal – Quito.
We will take our flight back to Quito to enjoy a relaxing evening.
Once back in the country’s capital, we will visit the “Mitad del Mundo” (Middle of the World) monument located on the equator. Here, you can get a photo straddling the line separating the northern and southern hemispheres. That evening, we will return to our hotel in Quito to relax and enjoy a farewell dinner in this beautiful city.
Quito – Fly home.
Transfer to airport and depart Ecuador.
• The Amazon-Galapagos program is a tour that combines a bit of adventure, culture, nature, and leisure.
• It is an all-inclusive basis tour. All meals, transportation, accommodation, guide, and activities included.
• Hotels throughout the Amazon and Galapagos present a good level of accessibility. Some have roll in showers, some have small (5 inches) step to get into showers, grab on bars, but in general they adapt their facilities to host people using a wheelchair.
• Re: Rafting on the Amazon River; even though the river is very calm, for safety reasons, we will raft down the river with a security kayaker at all times. Additionally, each traveler will wear a safety jacket, helmet, and all safety equipment. For the transfer in and out of the boat, we manually assist the guest by using a sliding board and/or manually lifting the guest into the boat.
• Re: Boat transfers in the Galapagos; we manually assist the guest by using a sliding board and/or manually lifting the guest into the boat. For snorkeling, each guest will use a safety jacket and foam board to explore the water. Each guest will have assistance in and out of the water.
• We is able to provide a van and/or a bus with an electric lift (max 16 people). Individual or assisted manual transfer into seats is required.
• We provides bilingual certified guides for all activities throughout the tour.
•Re: assistants or help; we recommend clients use a manual chair, since the entire country is not 100% accessible. Therefore, we will provide one assistant per client to assist with the wheelchair when needed. This will only be for tours and activities, NOT personal activities or duties.
Our company is specialized in accessibility we work to enable wheelchair users, people with disabilities and travelers with reduced mobility to make the trip they always dreamt of. We work towards providing accessible travel and adapted trips to the most important and impressive destinations of the world.
10 nights in a 4* hotel and breakfast (5* hotel is optional). Twin accessible room.
Lunch and Dinner everyday
Transport in a wheelchair accesible vehicle (transfers are included – airport/train station)
Our staff will available 24h during their trip
Bilingual Guides and tickets to visit selected monuments
Info, tips and recommendations
Extra services and gratuities
SAN FRANCISCO AND YOSEMITE